Wednesday, August 10, 2011

WWW Wednesdays



WWW Wednesdays is a weekly meme hosted by Miz B of Should Be Reading

To play along, just answer the following three questions: 
• What are you currently reading?
• What did you recently finish reading? 
• What do you think you’ll read next?

What are you currently reading? 
I admire people who can manage to read several books at one time. I'm usually only a one-book girl but this week I'm joining the multiple readers with both Friday Nights, by Joanna Trollope and Fast Friends, by Jill Mansell on the go. I have to admit I'm preferring the latter, but I'm almost halfway through Friday Nights so I don't want all that effort to go to waste!

What did you recently finish reading? 
It's amazing how many books one can get through during a weekend of lazing in the sun. I managed to get through Room by Emma Donoghue (very disturbing!) and Everyone Worth Knowing, by Lauren Weisberger (much needed light relief after Room).

What do you think you’ll read next?
I actually really don't know. I started The Rhinestone Button by Gail Anderson-Dargatz the other week and haven't made much progress on that so I might pick that one up again. Otherwise I have a Diane Chamberlain book awaiting my attention as well as The Autograph Man by Zadie Smith. Although this weekend is another beach weekend so I could quite well end up taking some chicklit with me - perhaps Marian Keyes or two!

9 comments:

  1. I have yet to read anything by Zadie Smith, will happen one day though.

    Oh and I'm a new follower. :)
    My Wednesday Entry @
    For The Love of... Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my website!

    I read Room a few months ago--my partner was working at HarperCollins at the time and got to meet Emma Donoghue. Apparently she's very nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    Sounds like you had great book week. I'm one of those people that can read multiple books. I can have up to 5 going at a time. Sometimes it gets confusing especially if the genres are the same. Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    Just Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have read about the Rhinestone Button somewhere! I'd like to read it!! Nice list :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Room was disturbing on so many levels. I wasn't a fan of it either and I know that some fans of the book find that disturbing. Will you post a review of Room?

    Here’s my WWW Wednesday
    Old Follower

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh thank goodness - someone who's not reading vampires and/or paranormal fiction ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by! I haven't read Room but I keep seeing it everywhere! I might have to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The premise of ROOM is disturbing but I enjoyed it. It is certainly not something I would read on a regular basis and I am glad Emma Donaghue wrote it from a child's perspective because that helps take the edge off the story somewhat. I have to admit, Emma Donaghue did an excellent job of portraying the story.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always wanted to read ROOM but I'm afraid it's too disturbing for me. Until now, I'm not decided yet if I'm going to read that book. I hope to read your review. :)

    Here's my WWW Wednesday

    New follower,
    April @books4juliet

    ReplyDelete