Thursday, August 4, 2011

Thursday Tea



Thursday Tea is a little meme hosted at BirdBrain[ed] Book Blog

The Book: I'm just getting into The Rhinestone Button, by Gail Anderson-Dargatz. It's the story of Job, a bit of a loner, lives on the farm by himself, and is able to "see and feel" sound in colours and shapes. I'm not quite sure how this works yet but further into the book I'm sure I'll find out!

The Tea: I've gone for what we (that's us Kiwis!) call "good old gumboot tea". (Gumboots is what we call Wellingtons/Galoshes). Black tea, usually boiled in a billy over a campfire - although I haven't quite mastered that today and instead got my tea leaves nicely enclosed in a tea bag!

Do they go together: Hhhhmmm, yes and no. Yes, because Job is on the farm and that's where I was first introduced to gumboot, aka billy tea. But also no, because Job is obviously a character who sees the light and the sparkle in objects so this tea doesn't have quite the colour that I think Job would appreciate.

Makes for a nice cuppa though!

1 comment:

  1. Haha, you always drink the most interestingly-named teas. :D Is a "billy" a sort of saucepan?

    - Anastasia @ Birdbrain(ed) Book Blog

    ReplyDelete