Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading

Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
--Grab your current read
--Open to a random page
--share two “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
Be sure NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
--Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers!

"Fiona had heard it from Joe, who'd heard it from a friend who'd placed bets on him and won. It explained his sudden propensity for coming home with black eyes, which he always put down to 'just lads scrapping.'"
p65, The Tea Rose, by Jennifer Donnelly 


10 comments:

  1. Sounds great!

    Here's mine:

    http://50yearproject.wordpress.com/2011/08/16/teaser-tuesday-aug-16/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I ordered this book the other day! I'm so looking forward to reading it -- hope you're enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds very interesting. Great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have one of the Rose series books for review (out of series, of course, so I'm hoping I'll be OK without having read the prior books). This sounds interesting - I wonder where the black eyes are coming from? Thanks for sharing your teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I'm curious....thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY TT POST

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa, great teaser. Really makes me want to go out and find the book. :D

    My teaser

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like trouble to me, with a capital T.

    My TT -- Roses of a different kind:
    http://n-good-company.blogspot.com/2011/08/teaser-tuesday-tending-roses.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great teaser. I have this one on my tbr pile.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/08/teaser-tuesday-32.html

    ReplyDelete