Wednesday, May 25, 2011

WWW Wednesdays

WWW Wednesdays is a weekly meme hosted by Miz B of Should Be Reading

To play along, just answer the following three questions: 

• What are you currently reading?
• What did you recently finish reading? 
• What do you think you’ll read next?

What are you currently reading? Never Let Me Go, by Kazuo Ishiguro... and it is weird! It's not a book you can easily pick up and put down - more one you need to read in one go, so you're completely absorbed in it and are able to understand the world in which the book is set. But it's certainly a different read!

What did you recently finish reading? I finished reading The Help, by Kathryn Stockett. I just couldn't drag it out any more. Now I can't wait for the movie to come out! I've also finished my collection of short stories The Elegy for Easterly, by Petina Grappah.

What do you think you’ll read next? I've actually been thinking a lot about this lately, not sure why. Could be after a discussion with a friend where she mentioned a whole lot of really well known books that I simply hadn't read: Room, The Memory Keepers Daughter... so I'm thinking I might need to do a blitz of books I ought really to have read - and that includes The Secret Garden and Anne of Green Gables. I'm also looking for another short story collection to read over my breakfast bowl in the morning - oh so many books, so little time!

8 comments:

  1. I really want to read Never Let Me Go before I end up seeing the movie! Am sure you will enjoy Room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also looking forward to the movie, The Help. I may even reread the book if I get a chance. It's a good read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that list/pile of books people have mentioned to me or have been very popular that I am going to get to someday. I have also considered rereading the Anne of Green Gables series. I still have all the books from when I read them as a child.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I NEED to get my hands on Room, it looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been told I should read The Help. Very inspiring from what I am told.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had not heard of Room before and just pulled it up on Goodreads. It looks amazing. Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier. Enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just finished Never Let Me Go last week! I now want to see the movie to compare, but the whole time I was reading I pictured Cary Mulligan, Kiera Knightley, and Andrew Garfield.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ROOM was an amazing book. A friend showed me it on Goodreads and I went out and bought it which is rare because I usually stick to authors I have already read BUT it looked so interesting. I was not disappointed and I am sure you will love it to!
    Thanks SO much for stopping by my blog and I hope to see you again! :)

    ReplyDelete