Wednesday, May 18, 2011

WWW Wednesdays

WWW Wednesdays is a weekly meme hosted by Miz B of Should Be Reading

To play along, just answer the following three questions: 
• What are you currently reading?
• What did you recently finish reading? 
• What do you think you’ll read next?

What are you currently reading? The Help, by Kathryn Stockett - and nothing else! I'm captivated by this novel and am torn between devouring it and reading it slowly to make it last!

What did you recently finish reading? My last read was the second half of 84 Charing Cross Road. I hadn't realised it was divided up into two stories, but The Duchess of Bloomsbury Street, which is the second part, was just as much fun as the first. Helene Hanff sounded like a real character!

What do you think you’ll read next? I'm tempted to say The Help again, but on my bedside table is a collection that includes The Little House on the Prairie Books, The Secret Garden, and a Jill Mansell book - and we all know my weakness for Jill Mansell... so likely it will be that, if not the Little House books.

9 comments:

  1. I loved the Help and definitely had that bereft feeling when I finished it!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard so much about The Help...i should give it a try! YAY Little House books! I lovee those so much :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and Happy Reading!

    I'm a new follower btw :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still haven't read The Help. That's another one of my TBR books :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I HAVE to read The Help, it looks so good.

    Here's mine:
    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/05/www-wednesdays_18.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had the same "problem" when I read The Help ... I really wanted to savor the book, but I also couldn't wait to see what would happen to the characters. In spite of my best efforts, I devoured it! The same thing is happening with the book I'm reading now ... The Selected Works of T.S. Spivet. It's a good problem to have! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Little House books. I've not heard of The Help. I will surely have to check it out. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved The Help. I want to reread it before the movie comes out so I fully understand where you are coming from. The Little House books are favorites of mine also!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Am I the only person on earth who hasn't heard of The Help? I must go look it up the second I leave here! lol Great selection, I've had The Secret Garden on my list forever, maybe I should bump it up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have just listed all of my favorite books, a few of which I have read over and over. One I must read over is The Help. We read it last fall for our book discussion group and had one of the best in all our 23 years.

    To those who haven't yet read The Help, hurry and do so before the movie comes out.

    ReplyDelete