Wednesday, May 4, 2011

WWW Wednesdays

WWW Wednesdays is a weekly meme hosted by Miz B of Should Be Reading

To play along, just answer the following three questions: 

• What are you currently reading?
• What did you recently finish reading? 
• What do you think you’ll read next?

What are you currently reading? I've got a few books on the go at the moment. The main one is still Kamchatka, by Marcelo Figueras which I'm enjoying, but just can't seem to stay awake at night long enough to get through the pages. I'm also reading An Elegy for Easterly, by Petina Gappah. It's a selection of short stories set in Zimbabwe - the perfect length to read while having breakfast! And then, my lunchtime book is The Distant Hours, by Kate Morton... but I can see myself getting caught up in that one far too quickly!

What did you recently finish reading? I raced through Debbie Macomber's Dakota Born trilogy last week - I just couldn't get enough of them and really enjoyed each book. I also read Forever Nude, by Guy Goffette, which was an insight into Pierre Bonnard's work. I'm not really an art history lover, but this book was quite interesting, so when I return to a Paris art gallery I'll be sure to take this little book along with me so I can actually understand what I'm looking at!

What do you think you'll read next? I'd say it will most likely be The Island of Eternal Love, by Daina Chaviano, but I also have a yearning to read The Help, by Kathryn Stockett, particularly after seeing the trailor for the movie over the weekend. I also really want to see Jane Eyre, but won't let myself until I've read the book, so it could be a Jane Austen as well!

5 comments:

  1. I just heard from someone today that I should read The Help! Enjoy which ever you pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our reading tastes are similar. Do read The Help! I loved the trailer and the part where the woman is reading in bed and yells, well you just have to read the book! When you get to that part, you totally understand! Excellent story but I didn't like the cursing, so be aware of that.

    I'd love to read this Kate Morton book! Sounds awesome. (Yes, I did just say awesome)

    Here's my WWW:
    http://shirley-mybookshelf.blogspot.com/2011/05/wwwwednesdays-5411.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cover for Forever Nude.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Distant Hours looks great -- I could see myself getting caught up in it too!
    I haven't read The Help yet, but my best friend has and she loved it. Are you going to see the movie?

    Here's my WWW:
    http://centralcaligrrrl.blogspot.com/2011/05/www-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Distant Hours looks good. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete