Friday, April 29, 2011

Y... is for...

Y... is for...
Well, I'll be honest with you, of all the letters in the alphabet this month, it was the second to last letter, the 25th letter of the alphabet so the Oxford English Dictionary (and years of singing the alphabet song) inform me, that stumped me.

I couldn't for the life of me think of something beginning with "Y" that would classify as one of my favourite things. So, it turned to the big blue book, and found a few things, I would include in a list of my favourites.

Starting with...
1. Yoghurt
I love yoghurt, guaranteed to have it at least once a day, usually over cereal and/or fresh fruit (think melons, bananas). It's the food that can be eaten at any time of the day - breakfast, lunch, dinner, supper... even midnight! And my favourite of all yoghurts? Why Fresh n Fruity of course!

2. YMCA
This has yet to become a real favourite, but I'm hoping it will as I've just signed up to a membership at the local "Y"' gym. I managed 50 lengths of the pool yesterday morning but after getting up in the early hours to watch the royal wedding, I haven't quite made it back there again today!

3. Yeoman Warder
Speaking of the royal wedding, and all things London, the term Yeoman Warder also popped up in the dictionary, and yep - I'd have to add it to the list. The Tower of London was one of the first places we visited on our arrival to the city and I still remember the jolly men in their uniforms, the ravens in the grounds, and of course the jewels.

4. Yoga
Now I've tried my hand a few times at this activity but have never quite managed to make practising the downward dog something of a routine. It's never too late though, right?

5. Yummy
Finally, yes anything "yummy" would certainly be on my list of favourite things: chocolate, ice cream, pumpkin soup, champagne, strawberries, pimms & lemonade, lamb burgers, persimmons, kiwifruit and fish (yes, a rather eclectic list there but I was doing my best to try and thing of yummy things that weren't simply chocolate versions of chocolate!). But one thing is for certain, Yorkshire pudding will never be added to the favourites list!

1 comment:

  1. I've always wanted to do yoga. I've taken a class and bought a video to do at home, but I'm not good at keeping up with it. Maybe someday!

    ReplyDelete