Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Top 10 Dynamic Duos

Top Ten Dynamic Duos
These are the BFFs, partners in crime, powerful couples, and general groups of awesome people that I just can't get out of my head!
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.

Wow – this was a hard one! I agree with most I’ve seen on other blogs (like Frodo & Samwise, Romeo & Juliet, Elizabeth Bennet & Mr Darcy), but I’ve tried to think of a few others for my list below. A few oldies and hopefully a few goodies!

1. Tatyana & Alexander in The Bronze Horseman, by Paullina Simons
Could this love story be any more captivating?
2. Mma Precious Ramotswe & Mr. J.L.B. Matekoni in The No 1 Ladies Detective Agency, by Alexander McCall Smith
I love these two!
3. Mitch Albom & Professor Morrie Schwartz in Tuesdays with Morrie, by Mitch Albom
What an incredible friendship
4. The Famous Five, by Enid Blyton
Reliving my childhood!
5. Edward & Bella in Twilight, by Stephenie Meyer
Yes - I am team Edward!
6. Liesel Meminger & Rudy Steiner in The Book Thief, by Markus Zusak
This book is one of my favourites and not least because of these two playing centre stage
7. Claire and Jamie in The Outlander (Cross Stitch) series, by Diana Gabaldon
Right up there with Tatyana and Alexander - a beautiful love story that spans centuries. These two are definitely a dynamic duo!
8. Benedick & Beatrice in William Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing
I reckon these two rival Romeo & Juliet. And if not these two, then Petruchio and Katherina in The Taming of the Shrew
9. Winnie the Pooh & Piglet
The best of BFFs
10. The Twits
Roald Dahl certainly made these two memorable!

7 comments:

  1. Goodness, I have to say I recognize only a few pairs on your list, but maybe that's a sign that I need to read some of these books, too. ;) Totally agree on Winnie the Pooh and Piglet, just the best of friends those two. Thank you for stopping by my blog, and happy reading!

    DJL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list. Oh dear ..there's that Claire and Jamie ..again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mma Precious Ramotswe & Mr. J.L.B. Matekoni--they are made of win! Beatrice and Benedick are in my list as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Pooh and Piglet. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also listed Liesel and Rudy from The Book Thief. :) Great list. I'm a new follower too!

    www.feedingmybookaddiction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, another Pooh and Piglet made the list!! And, yes Mitch Albom and Morrie. I should've thought of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Couldn't resist Edward and Bella. I'm Team Edward as well.
    Here is my list http://hawthornescarlet.blogspot.com/2011/03/top-ten-tuesday-it-takes-two.html

    ReplyDelete