Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading

Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
--Grab your current read
--Open to a random page
--share two “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
Be sure NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
--Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers!

"Thank you for wanting to send us more dried egg, but we still have a bit left to see us through until spring. Some time between April and September we usually manage all right for eggs, as they go off ration for a time and then we do a bit of trading with the tins, as once for a special occasion I traded a tin of dried egg for a pair of nylons."
p39: 84 Charing Cross Road, by Helene Hanff

7 comments:

  1. Ha! I thank goodness that I cannot even imagine eating dried eggs! On the other hand, we happen to have had an overabundance of the ordinary kind lately, and I'm really getting tired of eating eggs -- and soon that bunny will be bringing even more!

    I've had 84 CHARING CROSS on my TBR list for a long time. I'm kind of saving it. Hope you're enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does sound good. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/03/teaser-tuesdays-the-beauty-of-humanity-movement.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that you are enjoying your book. Check out my Teaser for Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eggs for nylons... WWII?

    My teaser is here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard so many good things about this book! Thanks for stopping by earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  6. uhhh....dried eggs? Really?

    ReplyDelete