Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading

Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
--Grab your current read
--Open to a random page
--share two “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
Be sure NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
--Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers!

"We had a perfect life here, in this perfect weather, with our servants and sunshine and silver teapots, and we were determined to make the most of it while we could. If we were going down, we were going down with a gin and tonic in one hand and a cigarette in the other!"
From The Cry of the Go-Away Bird, by Andrea Eames

11 comments:

  1. what a way to go! although i think i'd prefer an amaretto sour rather than gin - haven't quite developed a taste for gin =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!
    Oh my! That sounds like my family!

    Thanks for visiting me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good teaser. I will check it out. Looking at all those teasers only makes my tbr pile longer! So many books, so less time to read, so less space to keep!

    Here is my Teaser Tuesday: Out At Night by Susan Arnout Smith post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL great teaser! Thanks for stopping by today!

    Aimee @ Coffee Table Press

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by today. Great teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the funniest teaser I have read today. :) My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/03/teaser-tuesdays-the-bird-house.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. If they are going down, I want to go with them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope that you are enjoying your book. Here is my Teaser For Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. An optimistic way of seeing life =)
    Here's mine:

    http://www.playinglibrarian.com/2011/03/teaser-tuesdays-water-for-elephants.html

    ReplyDelete